Monday 29 June 2015

#LoveWins

CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA

You've done it.

Gay Marriage is now legal.
I used italics as Love has no gender or sex. Love is love. And now it is legal to marry whomever you fall in love with.

I know this is just a band-aid solution. And the real goal is to normalise no heterosexual relationships and have everyone accept that straight isn't everyone's default orientation. But it's a good place to start, trying to make genders, sexes, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and the like equal. The real problem being things like unaccepted non-heterosexual youth living on the streets.

But pride should still be celebrated. Not just by 'gay' people. Everyone within the LGBTQIA+. This is a big step towards equality. Well done to all those who took part in making the right decision.

It's still upsetting to see states like Alabama and Mississippi refusing to marry anyone to avoid marrying same-sex or same-gender marriage. Even from England. It is childish. Though children don't see gender in love, so it is a bad comparison.

And for those who are against it. Why?
The Bible? It is only God's place to judge.
It's just wrong? How is love wrong; love is beautiful.
Please think for a moment how illogical your dislike is. It is not an abomination. Deal with it.

Like I said in my last post, I think, I do not like to use labels. If you do, it does not affect me and I respect your choices. As I once read, "Feelings first. Labels later." Which is why I loosely use them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment